We are thrilled to introduce our December Guest Designer, Kat Benjamin! She’s got a beautiful graphic style with a fine attention to detail and we think you’re going to find plenty of inspiration from Kat this month. Please check out her gallery, we’ll be adding to it throughout the month!
Here’s a little more about Kat:
My name is Kat Benjamin and I am wife to Eric and Mom to Piper (human) and Moose (dog). We currently live in the Mojave Desert in California because my husband’s job moved us here – good thing I like cacti! I’ve been scrapping since 2008 when I decided to make a scrapbook for Eric while he was deployed. I’ve been happily addicted to paper and glue every since! Piper was born in August of this year and memory keeping has become even more important to me, as I want to preserve our memories so she can look back on them in the future. I am so thankful for the opportunity to be the guest designer this month, as the Coca Daisy team always provides me with a ton of inspiration!
Here are the answers to my questions:
1. When is your most creative time? The weekends. Up until we moved in July, I worked full time, so the weekends were the only real time I had to myself. Now that I’m a new Mom, I still find it difficult to find time during the week, so I wait until the weekends when my husband is home to get crafty.
2. How do you unwind? I either go for a long, slow run or a walk…or I totally zone out in front of Netflix.
3. If you were in a Rock N’ Roll band, what would your job be? Something behind the scenes. From a literal sense, I have no musical ability. From a figurative perspective, I hate being the center of attention, but I love to help others find their passion.
4. What is your guilty pleasure? Bubblegum – I can go through multiple packs in a craft session if I’m not careful!
5. If your life was a movie, what actress would play you? Maybe Natalie Portman? She seems introverted and quiet which is definitely my personality.
6. What’s your favorite accessory? I don’t accessorize a lot, but I do have some fun, colorful necklaces that I love to wear on fancy occasions.
7. If your life were a novel, what would the title be? “Taking it Easy”. I’m pretty laid-back and drama free and fairly introverted. It probably wouldn’t be a very exciting book! 🙂
8. What was your first job and how did you get it? I was a waitress in a 50s diner. My friend worked there and got me set up for an interview. I LOVED that job, even though I gained about 10 pounds that summer from all the cheeseburgers and hand-spun milkshakes!
9. Share three of your bucket list items with us. Visit every continent, Get my Master’s degree (I’m only a few classes away from this one, thank goodness!), and volunteer in my daughter’s class when she’s older.
10. What is “dressed up” for you? I recently came from a job where I had to “dress up” every day – nice skirts and dresses – so I consider “dressed up” to be really fancy gowns and sparkly jewelry!
Thanks so much for joining us!