Early last year, I asked our members who they’d like to see be a guest designer. One of the suggestions was Tracie Claiborne. After a year of emails, we finally were able to nail down a date for her to be our August Guest Designer. Tracie worked with our Day in the Life: August kit and I’m sure you’ll find her work inspiring! Be sure to check out her gallery and get to know her a bit better here on the blog.
Tracie Claiborne is a Hand Lettering Artist, Certified Scrapbook Instructor and host of Live Inspired and The Scrap Gals podcasts. She is passionate about telling stories with beautiful photographs and pretty paper. Find her online at http://www.tracieclaiborne.
1) When is your most creative time?
When the house is clean, the sun is shining and I have time to sit and think about stories I want to tell. Either then, or 3 am when I should be going to bed! You never know when inspiration will strike.
2) How do you unwind?
Every evening, around 9 pm, I listen to YouTube videos while I create a lettering piece. It’s what I look forward to all day.
3) If you were in a Rock N’ Roll band, what would your job be?
I met my husband in 1987 while singing lead in a Christian rock band. He was the bass player. We lived happily ever after.
4) What is your guilty pleasure?
Movie marathons! Sometimes I watch three in a row. I love movies more than just about anything.
5) If your life was a movie, what actress would play you?
The very adorable Melissa McCarthy.
6) What’s your favorite accessory?
My Apple pencil.
7) If your life were a novel, what would the title be?
“Saved By Grace”
8) What was your first job and how did you get it?
It was at the Dairy Queen. I was 15 and the owner did not want to hire me. I begged him to give me a chance and promised him I would work very hard. I talked him into it and he hired me. I think I made around $4 an hour and I worked so hard! I was proud of every penny I earned and have really never stopped working since. PS: That was the year the Blizzard debuted: 1985!
9) Share three of your bucket list items with us.
1) Travel on the Queen Mary 2 cruise ship to visit the English countryside for a week (a la my hero, Susan Branch, who did the same and documented it in a lovely book).
2) Travel around the country selling my hand lettered goods at barn sales.
3) Go to Disneyland for the first time.
10) What is “dressed up” for you?
Black slacks, black blouse, black heels. I would prefer to wear jeans #allthetime.
Thank you for joining us this month Tracie.