I’ve long admired Ashli’s eclectic mixture of papers and paints and buttons and such. It looks like she just has fun while she is creating. I was thrilled when she agreed to join us for the November Weathervane kit, and knew she’d do an amazing job. I was right!
Her gallery is PACKED full of gorgeousness, she’s got layouts, a mini album, a card and a gift wrapping idea. It was so fun to see what she did with this kit, I loved her take on things. Please check out her gallery here and get to know her better below.
Ashli Oliver (aka soapHOUSEmama) is a recovering graphic designer, a homeschooling mother, wife, daughter, coffee addict, knitter and gardener with an extreme passion for mixed media paper crafting and memory keeping. Ashli finds great joy in both the creative process and the final piece. Most of her craft time is found in the wee hours of the evening when all of her kiddos are in dream land. Although, Ashli never misses an opportunity to grab a snippet of time during the day to shuffle some paper around.
1. What is your most creative time?
In 10-15 minute spurts throughout any given day, as long as I have a cup of coffee in hand.
2. Share your current top 5 favorite songs/music groups with us.
Hmmm… I love all things 80’s, jazz, The Talking Heads, and my most favorite song of all time is “Celestial Soda Pop” by Ray Lynch
3. If you were in a Rock N’ Roll band, what would your job be?
I have no clue… but I asked my husband and he said stage manager. Ha!
4. Did you ever want to change your name?
Yes! And I have 🙂 I legally dropped my last name in high school and turned my middle name into my last name. Ahhh… youth rebellion.
5. If your life was a movie, what actress would play you?
Drew Barrymore. People used to say I looked like her. Although now that I have had four kids and am going grey, I don’t hear that as often…
6. What’s your favorite accessory?
7. How do you cheer yourself up?
8. If you could have a luncheon with any three people (real or fictitious/ from any time period, dead or alive), which three people would you choose and why?
Jesus. Because, well…. need I say more?
Ruth Beechick. She was a much admired homeschooling pioneer.
My father’s mother. She was a wonderful woman and I never really got to know her on a personal and adult level.
9. What food would describe your style?
Buffalo Chicken Wings – packed full of unexpected flavor. Really? I made that up. I just love buffalo wings. And coffee. Did I mention coffee?
10. What is “dressed up” for you?
If I am not wearing pajamas…
You can find Ashli in the following places
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSYHxy … 09yQ0wjzdQ
Thanks so much Ashli for joining us this month!