Funny story how Abi Beach became our Guest Designer for the August modern + vintage kit: Sharmaine had posted a thread to the DT about this very sweet designer she’d seen on Shimelle’s site. She shared a link and quite of a few of us went to see what Abi was all about. Then I saw a name pop up in the site admin to be approved to join our message boards. It was Abi Beach. 🙂 I figured we’d been discovered because she’d probably seen all these hit to her blog from Cocoa Daisy, and that I’d better come clean. I’m so glad I did!
Abi used to be more into paper scrapping, but went mostly digital when she started doing Project Life. I asked if she’d be willing to try out a paper kit to work her magic. She agreed. Again, I’m so glad she did! If you haven’t read her version of the story, you should. It’s here. And if you haven’t had a chance to see her beautiful work with the modern + vintage kit, please come explore her gallery.
Here’s a little more about Abi, we think you’ll love her as much as we do!
Abi Beach is a student studying at Durham University. She used to be a paper scrapbooker but with the demands of a student life and budget she has turned to digital memory keeping. She loves documenting the everyday, rejoicing in the ordinary and trying out all sorts of crafts. She writes about this at Creating Paper Dreams. You can also find her on Instagram as @abibeach.
1. My most creative time is mid afternoon. A cup of tea in my hand, the window wide open and a new project on my desk. It’s just perfection. My mind tends to be working all morning so by mid afternoon the ideas have solidified and I am ready to put them into action.
2. My top five favourite songs/music groups are:
Scala and Kolacny brothers. This group cover famous songs. Their sound is choral and light and magical. It has been used a lot on Downton Abbey and as a huge fan I am all over this group!
Joshua Radin- His newest album Wax wings is gentle and beautiful and reminds me of lazy summer afternoons.
“Already home” by ‘A great big world”. This song is very poetic. It is about a long distance relationship and it so beautifully speaks to my heart and my current situation.
Paper Aeroplanes- fun and folksy music.
“salvation’ by Gabrielle Aplin. Just cracking music and lyrics.
3. If I was in a rock and roll band my job would be to do the posters! I am a hopeless singer but a decent designer!
4. No I don’t think I ever wanted to change my name. Sorry, that’s really boring!
5. What actress would play me? The dream would be Rachel McAdams but she is just beautiful.I think more realistically it would be Emma Watson but that is mainly for her accent. If only I looked like her!
6. What’s your favourite accessory. I have a beautiful heart necklace my boyfriend bought me for christmas from Lisa Leonard. It’s a heart of two halves. One half is silver and the other is gold. I wear it everyday.
7. I cheer myself up with cadbury chocolate, Harry Potter read by Stephen Fry and doing something creative.
8. My three people I would take to lunch:
Albus Dumbledore- I’m a big Potter fan. This man has so much wisdom. I would love to hear what he had to say to me.
Pollyanna- I want her to teach me gladness. She epitomised that quality.
Jo March from Little women- I want some of her gumption and tenacity. She would be great fun!
9. The food that describes my style is probably apple crumble! British, simple, but warm and friendly!
10. Dressed up for me is a nice dress and heels, a tad more makeup and a fab perfume.
Thanks so much for joining us Abi, it was a pleasure to have you here!