When Christine heard that Nicole Sower said yes when asked to be our July Guest Designer, she was beyond happy. Nicole was one of her first scrappy crushes. And you can see why when you check out Nicole’s gorgeous July Viewfinder gallery. So clean and graphic, so fresh. Kind of reminds you of the new site, doesn’t it?
I loved that I made another Denver connection when I asked Nicole to join us. She’s south of me, but still, she’s a Denverite.
Please welcome Nicole to Cocoa Daisy this month, check out her Viewfinder gallery, leave her a little love, and get to know her better now.
Hello! I’m Nicole Sower and I live in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains in Morrison, Colorado.
I dream in color. I love finding inspiration for my projects in the everyday.
If I had to describe my style, I’d call it linear. I have a love for all embellishments wood veneer. 🙂
When I’m not running my shop, Come On Get Crafty, you can find me running all over town for my five children and their extracurricular activities. They keep me on my toes. You’ll find some of them as the subjects of my projects in the gallery this month here at Cocoa Daisy.
I’m thrilled to be guesting here, as I love Christine’s fabulous eye for design and color in putting the kits together and her all-around fabulous personality, as well!
Thank you, Christine and Emily, for the invitation!
1. What is your most creative time?
During the day when no one else is home. However, I miss my night owl days!!!
2. Share your current top 5 favorite songs/music groups with us.
1. Usher (any song by him)
2. 80’s Rock
3. Simple Man by Shinedown
4. Feel This Moment by Pitbull (w/Christina Aguilera)
5. Call Me by Shinedown
3. If you were in a Rock N’ Roll band, what would your job be?
4. Did you ever want to change your name? If so, to what?
Growing up, I wanted my name to be Gabrielle, but didn’t want to be called Gabi. So, Nicole it was, Nicole it
is, Nicole it will be. 🙂
5. If your life was a movie, what actress would play you?
6. What’s your favorite accessory?
I love sandals! Do they count as an accessory?
7. How do you cheer yourself up?
I call my best friend. (I guess technically that’s someone else cheering me up, but hey, it works every time!) 🙂
8. If you could have a luncheon with any three people (real or fictitious/ from any time period, dead or alive),
which three people would you choose and why?
1. My sister because I haven’t seen her since 2005!!!!
2. Peyton Manning because he’s the greatest football player of all time, in my opinion, and the classiest leader, too.
3. Usher, because I am in awe of his mentoring abilities to other aspiring artists and his voice is incredible!
9. What food would describe your style?
An ice cream sundae with lots of sprinkles and toppings
10. What is “dressed up” for you?
A black dress, heels and lipstick
Thanks Nicole, you are so fun to have around!
Thank you so much for the invitation! I <3 Cocoa Daisy! 🙂
Fabulous Nicole Sower!!!! Congrats!!!! Love them all 🙂