I started scrapbooking when I was 12 after I saw the scrapbooks of my best friend’s mom and haven’t looked back. At first it was all about the pretty paper and embellishments (if I’m honest, it’s still a LOT about that), but now it’s more about telling my story and realizing what is important to me. I love every part of the process and have improved my photography and design skills over the years. It has truly made me a better person because it causes me to reflect all of the good in my life and it is a part of what makes me who I am. And I love that. I share my thoughts, projects, and offer classes on my website at www.craftyjenschow.com. You can also find me here:
Here are the questionnaire answers so you can get to know Jen better:
1. When is your most creative time?
I feel most creative mid morning – around 11:00. I am not a morning person, so it takes me a while before my mind is sharp. 😉
2. How do you unwind?
I love me a good Netflix binge.
3. If you were in a Rock N’ Roll band, what would your job be?
I’d probably be on the Keyboard or something. I don’t know. Haha!
4. What is your guilty pleasure?
Wint-O-Green Lifesavers. I buy the Costco sized bags. They are so good.
5. If your life was a movie, what actress would play you?
Kate Winslet. I actually made a really tongue in cheek layout about my very own Lifetime Original Movie about how Kate would play me. You can check it out here.
6. What’s your favorite accessory?
Earrings. Definitely. I feel weird without them.
7. If your life were a novel, what would the title be?
A Seemingly Mundane Life. Because it looks boring, normal, and average, but it’s anything but that!
8. What was your first job and how did you get it?
I worked at Taco Amigo. My best friend worked there and recommended me. 🙂
9. Share three of your bucket list items with us.
Most of my bucket list items are travel related, but I’ll try to be diverse…
1. Go to the Galapagos Islands.
2. Go to Harry Potter World. And maybe do the studio tour in London.
3. Go to Ireland with my bestie.
Okay. They are all travel related. Sorry!
10. What is “dressed up” for you?
I am not a very dressy person. But I do love wearing dresses. So I would probably wear a dress, do my hair, put on a little bit more makeup than just mascara, and wear fancy jewelry. 🙂