Hello daisies !
I hope you are all OK. November is Gratitude month, and I’m sure you all have some things to be grateful for. Personally, I love doing this exercice for some time now, every day of the year 🙂 .
Each morning, with my “wake-up-coffea”, I like to sit at my desk and find at least 3 things from the day before I’m grateful for. I find this really therapeutic, because it makes me see the good side of things. Sometimes those things are BIG, but sometimes, it can just be a brief lovely feeling, like having a good laught, or just feel the sun on my face. During this crazy year, this daily practice has been a life saver !
I do not have a specific notebook for this. Instead, I have a monthly double page in my Bullet Journal. I almost always follow the same scheme to set it up. That’s what we will see today.
First, supplies : for making my page I use :
- A notebook : it can be you daisy dori, your daisy pages. I mostly plan in a blanck notebook so that’s I am using (my doris are for other purposes than planning).
- Some watercolor pencil. I use tombow brush pens. There is sometimes some of those in the bullet journal category of the website.
- A water spray
- An acrylic bloc : personally, I use 2 of those, one for the watercolor background, and an other for stamping. I love using the cocoa daisy acrylic block for stamping (as you can see)
- Some black (or colored) waterproof ink. I like to use Versafine onyx black
- Monthly stamps. This month there was an other stamp, the forest friends stamp, it’s the cutest ever <3
- Dies cuts (they are adhesive now, no need of glue <3) and stickers from almost all kits (and this month the cute rub-ons from planner kit and TNMK kit). I choose decos from the kit that fit my page to be. In november it’s easier as this is gratitude month in the kits too !
- Washi tape
One all the supply is there, the first thing I do is to put some washi tape on my page border : I use the same notebook for several month, and washi tape helps me to see quickly which month is it.
Now, let’s dig into the watercolor background. I learnt this from Marlene on a Bullet Journal French group, but she’s on CD group too ! To begin with, I put some ink on my acrylic block.
Then I use the spray 2 or 3 times to add water on my block.
After that, I GENTLY (that’s the secret, thank you Marlene !) put the block on the paper, and I do it at several places.
Then I add the others colors. Personally for all the colors that “match”, I do not let it dry between 2 colors, so they can blend a bit together.
On the other hand, In order to keep colors separated and avoid tricky mixes, I prefer to let it dry before applying too different colors (the mint green here). When all the colors are applied, I wait for them to be all dried in order to avoid bad surprises…
Then, I begin to choose the decos I will use. I often use stamps for the page title, but this month there was a beautiful rub-on in the TNMK kit.
This is an other view of my choosing step. Then, I’ll add all die-cuts, stickers or stamping that I choosed before.
This is my finished page. As you can see, I love to mix medias, with rub-on, die-cuts, stickers, stamps, word dies cuts, etc. During the month I will choose a color to add the date (for November I choosed brown) and then just write at least 3 good memories from the day before. It really helps me to see the good things in my life.
I you want to see the page after the pen, I invite you to look later this month on my Instagram. There, you can also see previous pages from previous months.
That’s all for today, I hope you liked this little travel with me. If you have some questions please let me know.
Tags: Cocoa Daisy, Cocoa Daisy Day Planner, Cocoa Daisy kits, gratitude, inspiration, memory keeping, Monthly Kits, Planner, planner kit, Planner Setup, planning, stamping, stamps, sticker subscription, stickers, tips and tricks, watercolor, watercolor tutorial