Creating Insert Covers with Kit Papers

Hello Daisies! Here we are in April and my planner is all set up. While I may not be planning as many ‘out of the house’ events as usual, I’m still keeping track of my finances, design team commitments and other aspects of my daily life as a mom, teacher and designer. This month, I’m using my Standard Travelers notebook to hold the different sized inserts that I use. I love this system! Today, I’m sharing how I used the folded papers to create insert covers for my TN. These papers are the perfect thing to create the covers since they are already folded and just need to be trimmed to fit my different sized inserts. Here’s a picture that shows all four of the inserts that I use.

The first insert that is included in my TN is my pocket sized Financial and Budget planner. I actually dread opening this one and seeing what is due, LOL. But, it’s very helpful and important in my life, so I keep it in there. I cut the paper to fit it and added the monthly TN card to the cover. I like having the April calendar here because I highlight my pay days on it! That makes me feel really happy!😊

If you have been reading my blog posts, or following me on the FB group and Instagram (@agomalley), you know I love adding texture and trims to my insert covers. This month, I chose some vintage ric rac. I added it to my cover. I also found some beautiful rhinestone flowers in my stash and hot glued them to the trim. I love how this turned out!

My next insert is my Daisy Weeks insert. I keep track of my Design Team commitments here.  For this insert, I used the teal paper and covered the front with a personal sized dashboard. I decorated with with a few die cuts and added some rhinestones and a vintage trim flower. To decorate the edge, I cut a strip of paper with deco scissors and added the blue ric rac and vintage red trim. I used some foam adhesive to add the rainbow and a flower die cut and love the dimension it gives the cover.

The next cover I’m sharing is my Personal Dori. I love the flower paper and thought it would be perfect on here. I decided to use one of the kit tags and added some rub ons and die cuts to it. I added some ric rac and a floral gem to the balloon die cut. I made a ribbon from the polka dot washi tape and tied it into a bow. A vintage floral applique finished it off. I adhered it to the tag with some adhesive foam. I finished off by adding some of my vintage red trim to the tag and love how it turned out.

My last cover is the one I created for my Print Pression Weeks insert. For this one, I simply trimmed one of the Personal Sized dashboards to fit. I adhered it using double sided tape. I added several of the cloud sticky notes and the rainbow die cut. I also added the balloon die cut. I finished it off with the floral gems from my stash that I used on the previous covers. I like keeping my embellishments consistent to keep my inserts cohesive. The blue and yellow ric rac finished it off.

The folded papers from the kits are the perfect TN insert covers! They make my decorating so easy each month. Thanks so much for stopping by and seeing how I created my insert covers this month.  – Anabelle


Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

css.php