Hi! I’m Odessa and I am new on the Cocoa Daisy Memory Keeping Team! I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada with my husband and two boys (and cat and hamster). I mostly do pocket page layouts, I just love filling up all those little pockets! I majored in photography in university and take photos obsessively. I started scrapbooking as a way to get all those photos into albums and have a little fun doing it. I always wanted to work in magazines when I was a kid and working on my albums is kind of like working on magazine issues about me. It’s pretty fun. I’m super excited to be on the Cocoa Daisy team – I just love all the thought that goes into putting the kits together and how cohesive they are. It makes making layouts so easy!
Here’s a layout I put together using the November Memory Keeping Pocket and 12×12 kits about me right now. I like to do these kinds of layouts every so often in my album to really capture me at a specific time. I love doing a little list – I used the chipboard stickers from the 12×12 kit to number all the photos along with a little caption using various kits. Then I rounded them all up on a journal card!
1. When is your most creative time?
Late at night when I should be sleeping! I’ve always been a night owl. I just love how quiet the house is. I have two school-aged boys so my house can get pretty rowdy!
2. How do you unwind?
Naps! I love naps. Ha! Other than naps I like to watch something on tv and work on some knitting. Even when I am relaxing I like to be somewhat productive. Really, it just makes me feel good about watching hours of tv.
3. If you were in a Rock N’ Roll band, what would your job be?
Hmm. I think I would probably be the manager. I like to take care of details.
4. What is your guilty pleasure?
Relaxing at the end of the day with a Big Turk bar and The Office. I don’t even want to think about how many times I’ve watched all of the episodes of The Office in the last year. That’s what she said.
5. If your life was a movie, what actress would play you?
Thora Birch, mostly because of Ghost World. It’s like a window into my teen years.
6. What’s your favorite accessory?
Good lipstick! Always! There are at least 5 different ones in my bag at any given time. Oh and mascara. I can’t leave the house without it, even if I am in yoga pants and a hoodie.
7. If your life were a novel, what would the title be?
Things just getting good.
8. What was your first job and how did you get it?
I got my first job at 16. There was a job fair at a nearby supermarket. I was supposed to get hired as a cashier, but at the last minute it got changed to the meat department. It was pretty gross!!!
9. Share three of your bucket list items with us.
1. Take my boys on a multi-day backpacking trip
2. Make a large whole cloth hand embroidered quilt (I suck at quilting and embroidering so it would be a real exercise in patience)
3. Spend all of February somewhere warm. It’s just too cold and long of a winter by February and I am done with it by then!
10. What is “dressed up” for you? Hmm.
Dresses and leggings and cute cardigans. I don’t have a ton of reason to get more dressed up than that. But if I really have to look fancy I switch the leggings for pantyhose.