Today I’m going to show you how to do a few things with those great SVG/PNG files that come with your Cocoa Daisy subscription for cutting on your electronic cutters (like your Silhouette Cameo).
How to put background cut files on a smaller page size.
First, we are going to learn how to resize the 12×12 background files to fit on a smaller page size. This is great to do if you scrap 8.5×11 (like I do) or if you have a cutter with smaller cutting capabilities.
Watch the video for a step by step tutorial on how to change the page size in the Silhouette Studio software plus a few helpful tips.
- Open the 12×12 background cut file.
- Select the page size icon (red box on the top right)
- Change page size to desired size.. letter, or select a custom size and put the values into the width and height boxes.
- Click on the cut file to select it, and open the align window (icon with three vertical rectangles). Select “Center to page” to center the cut file on the page. Don’t worry about the red cut lines that hang over the edges of the paper — your cutter won’t recognize these cut lines if they aren’t on the page.
How to cut one card from a set.
- Click on the 12×12 page of DITL cards, right click, and select “release compound path”. This turns every cut line into its own object and none of the cards will have all of their respective pieces grouped together.
- Select all of the pieces that belong to one card. You can click-and-drag with your mouse around all of the individual pieces, or you can hold down the shift button and click on each one until all are selected.
- Right click on the selected items and choose “make compound path”.
- Now you can right click on the card and select copy.
- Open a new document and size it to the paper size you wish to cut on.
- Right click and select “paste” to place the card on the new page.