A sweet little framed reminder for my bathroom, to sit next to my succulents.
I knew exactly what I wanted to create when I signed up for today’s blog post. As I was logging in to load this, I was on the Cocoa Daisy homepage and noticed there are a lot of similarities between my art and the exclusive letterpress in the January kit, Blueprint. I am certain I was subconsciously influenced by the design! I bet framing the letterpress would be just as cute!
It was really easy to put this together, I had it done in less than an hour. I usually hem and haw over my projects, so it was refreshing to have it come together so quickly. Here are the steps:
- I spray painted a frame I had purchased years ago a lovely shiny gold.
- I cut a 4×6 piece of white cardstock, then used yellowy gold side of the Remember paper from Crate, found in the main kit, to cut a wreath with my Silhouette.
- I added the Basic Grey enamel dots, also found in the main kit, to five different spots on the wreath. What you don’t see when you look at the piece is two of them are covering a little boo boo in my cutting. I’d positioned the paper slightly wrong and ended up with two of the leaves in the wreath going into the white of the end strip on the paper. I love when I can easily disguise a mistake!
- I used the chipboard alphabets from the main kit and stitched them in place with my sewing machine (I stitched the wreath in place at this point too.)
- I stitched on the large pink flower, it’s not part of the kit, it’s a new product from Maya Road actually. So sweet!
- I hand wrote the text.
- And finally I used my favorite magenta floss and added some french knots as textural flowers to the design.
Insert into the frame, and now I have a sweet little framed reminder to be kind to other and to myself.
I hope you’ve found something in my Off the Page post to inspire your own creating! Be sure to order your own Blueprint kit before they are all gone.