Here's my layout for this challenge:
Here's a detailed shot of the flower:
For the flower I used the acrylic packaging of some of Tim Holtz's embellies. I inked book pages with Distress Inks, glued the page to the underside of the packaging, passed it through Cuttlebug with Tim's Alternation Die Tattered Flower and assembled the flower using a pencil to curl the petals. In the center I used a Prima vintage button.
I also used a piece of Prima packaging on the left side of the page.
Oh, I forgot to mention that I created the pink splashes and the darker brown ones on the page melting crayons. Learned that trick from Mou Saha in Paris a year ago;)
This was Kristina's 8th birthday. I had ordered a huge cake for 25 people and then Kristina contracted rosolia (rubella, German measles) 2 days before her birthday. Had to cancel but the cake was already ordered so we had it made, took some pictures (Kristina has her pj pants but a cute top) and ate the cake for a WEEK!