Come Chat with us thread - 02/20 - 02/26

Come here to talk about all things scrapbooking!

Re: Come Chat with us thread - 02/20 - 02/26

Postby AnnaB » Feb 21st, '12, 5:04 am

O, Lisa! Take care! I hope you'll feel better!

T and I are in the train! 30 min late, but hey - we're on our way! Looking forward to sushi lunch and seeing my collegues! :)

Talk to you later!
AnnaB
Design Team
Design Team

Postby Sharmaine » Feb 21st, '12, 5:37 am

Sending a big hugs to you all!!!!
Lisa, I hope you get some rest and feel more YOU soon.
PS I scrapped today :) :)
Sharmaine
Design Team
Design Team

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby Olivia » Feb 21st, '12, 10:28 am

Good morning all! Just checking in for a minute. I am going to come back later and read the earlier goings-on.

We had quite a busy weekend. J's high school girls played in the finals of our district tournament Saturday and lost to a private school. Ughhh It is the same private school who beat us the in finals of High School Football (American :) ). I really dislike the fact that in our state private schools are lumped into the same conferences with public schools (we are public). It is not a level playing field because they actively recruit players to their teams, even though they say they don't. Tuition at this school is $11,000 a YEAR for all grades k-12, so if you are good player at another school and they want you, they put you on a scholarship, meaning someone else with money will pay for you to go to school there. It was very obvious looking across the stands the other night at the private school section, who were the scholarship families and who were the actual private school parents.
It makes it so difficult to beat them. Even though we have gotten close two out of the three times we have played them. It frustrates Jess and the girls. The bad thing is that we will possibly meet up with them again this week during Regionals. UGH!

My mom and nieces came over to the game Saturday and my father-in-law came too. They all ended up staying the night Saturday so the house was full and rowdy with 4 kids running around. We sent the boys home with my mom since Monday was a holiday here. I am going to pick them up this evening. They will not be excited to come home, Grandma and Pappaw's is always more fun than home. :D

Back later to catch up!
Olivia
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Feb 21st, '12, 10:22 pm

Lisa I do hope you feel better soon. that achey feeling is horrible but look at you--you just keep going. :) super women you!! do try to rest though, even super hero's need their rest.

Iska so glad your work day went so well. Jenny, sorry about yours not being so well. So hard with a difficult co-worker. have you had a chance to scrap yet? may make you feel better if you can find time!

Sharmaine, I need to get to your blog and see what you have done with that scrappy time you had yesterday!

Anna, I have you marked on my calendar for a hair cut reminder in 3 months okay? for myself as well :) It looks really pretty. I just took a new photo of myself and with my glasses and my hair back I thought, I could be Anna's sister (older that is :D ) hope your day was nice with your co workers. sounds like fun.

sorry about the game Olivia. Bummer. did you have some fun with the boys gone for a few days? ;)

Long, long day here but managed well. soup for dinner and now I am working on some layouts for next month. Love this kit ladies, you will have a blast. very different colors than my usual but i love what i am coming up with. night all.
DeniseM
Design Team
Design Team

Postby Margrethe » Feb 22nd, '12, 2:21 am

Denise, I think I'll love the kit - based on what I've seen so far. You girls on the DT rocks the kits each and every time! :D
Margrethe
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby mable » Feb 22nd, '12, 5:28 am

Morning!

Glad everyone's well and keeping busy.

Both my boys are at school/nursery all day today so I'm gearing up to scrap. My CD kit arrived last week and I've any just looked at it properly :o . Still getting over the Tonsilitus I had but it's left me totally drained. At least I'm feeling better so that's a start.
http://adayinthelifeofme-tracy-lihanne.blogspot.com/
Capturing my memories & scrapping to save my sanity!
Tracy-lihanne {United Kingdom}
mable
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AnnaB » Feb 22nd, '12, 8:08 am

I hope you get a lot of scrapping done today TL and if you do I'm sure it will have a positive effect on your health too! :D

I had a great time yesterday! It was fun seeing my collegues and I also met a former collegue who is pregnant and who is having her baby any day now, because she was visiting too! :) She heard I was coming and decided to stop by and I was really happy to see her!

I was late for lunch though, because of the stupid trains. :P There were problems on the way home too. The train that should have left 1 hour earlier than mine was cancelled (and I was so happy I never went for that train in the first place, because I had been considering it) so because of that the train was really full. But we did get home and Tuva did very well. :)

Denise, it will be great with a remainder about the hair. :D Can we see your photo?

How are you feeling today Lisa?
AnnaB
Design Team
Design Team

Postby mison » Feb 22nd, '12, 12:19 pm

Hi ladies! Haven´t posted couse I am so tired... the train drama continued yesterday, so I waisted to much energy getting pissed off all morning...

Sorry you feel bad Lisa! Hope you treat yourself with some well deserved rest. Some choc and some nice male persons on TV to watch!

TL- I been looking at my kit today too. But just been looking...

Anna - glad your visit went well. Not to happy about the train part >:D Your hair looks fab btw. I really need to keep up with your hair reminder scheme too. I used to go every 3.rd month, but I slacked a lot on that point.

Margarethe - I got a AHA moment (not the group...) the other day when you posted the picture of your new house. I thougt "Well, that doesn´t look english or american, looks like a nordic house. How nice that they are building them in the UK/US as well." Then I noticed that you live in Norway. I have totally missed that! We are practically neighbours then ;D Oh well, as close as me and Anna.... ;D

Denise - you rock any kit!

Remember me trying to make a brownish and romantic layout. Well, I did, and I´m so pleased with it. I actually made it look "my way" even though I had all the things requested (flowers, chalk, brownish colors, torn edges etc) You get a tiny sneak of it... It will be published in April.

mison
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Margrethe » Feb 22nd, '12, 12:31 pm

Really??? Where are you from? ;)
Margrethe
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby mison » Feb 22nd, '12, 1:09 pm

Margrethe wrote:Really??? Where are you from? ;)

Northern part of Sweden, so I´m not that close :P
mison
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Umenorskan » Feb 22nd, '12, 2:05 pm

Not too far from me (relatively speaking) and I can see Misons workplace from mine.
- Christin -
Umenorskan
Daisy Girl
Daisy Girl

Postby AnnaB » Feb 22nd, '12, 2:07 pm

I'm so sorry about the train troubles Marie! :( That really stinks!

We realized this afternoon that Tuva has a fever. Not very high, and she's been ok, but a little more tired and clingy. I hope it won't get worse and that it'll pass quickly. Alva is finally well after having a fever Sun-Mon.

J is taking Alva and Linus to Stockholm tomorrow evening to watch an indoor athletics/track and field competition. It's in this round building called "Globen" or "The Globe". :)

I hear Linus coughing from upstairs. I really hope all 3 of them are ok to go tomorrow!
AnnaB
Design Team
Design Team

Postby Funky Fairy » Feb 23rd, '12, 7:18 am

Hey!!

I thought I posted here last night. Where's my post? Did I dream it? Od!!

I posted to say thanks and that although tired and slightly heady was feeling much better. All the aches had gone, but today I'm struggling all sinusy :) From my nose to my eyebrows hurts and it feel like someone is putting pressure down and I can't properly open my eyes and I'm so tired.

Anna, that pic is cool. J a good Dad. Nice he's doing that with the kids. Really exciting for them.
Hope Tuva doesn't get any worse.

(Twice in 10mins now, 2 clients call whilst I'm eating a cookie and I've struggled to get it down before answering :) )

Marie sorry to hear the train situation is strssing you out :(
Stay home and knit more socks!

My DT kit arrived today
:) :) :) :) :) :)

Where's Nicky these days?
I think I need to call her and have a little word.
Maybe she's started a forum just for her and Laura ;D
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby Margrethe » Feb 23rd, '12, 8:40 am

Oh, you lucky DT-girls...!

We had a photographer come over yesterday, and now that the apartment is so organized, decluttered and nice, we should just consider not moving ;)

Jokes aside, I'm really happy with the progress we've been making this week. And I'm so happy I have time off so that we didn't have to do it all after work...

I hope you all have a great Thursday!
Margrethe
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AnnaB » Feb 23rd, '12, 11:19 am

How fab that things are moving forward Margrethe! It's so much work getting everything ready before selling!

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better Lisa, but I hope also the sinus stuff will go away! It can hurt so much!

J and the big kids just texted me, saying they arrived in Stockholm and had parked the car. Tuva is sleeping on my shoulder. I tried to make her sleep in the pram but she got so angry and didn't stop screaming for 20 minutes, even after I took her up, so I don't dare putting her down again. I've got some lovely new paints that I'm uuuurging to try, but I guess it will havr to wait. Later on this evening I'll be watching the athletics on TV, trying to get a glimpse of Johan, Alva and Linus... ;)

T woke up, crying again... :(
AnnaB
Design Team
Design Team

PreviousNext

Return to Scrap Talk