Come Chat with us thread - 02/20 - 02/26

Come here to talk about all things scrapbooking!

Come Chat with us thread - 02/20 - 02/26

Postby Funky Fairy » Feb 20th, '12, 2:53 am

Morning Ladies,

A flying one from me this morning.
Just getting the kids sorted for school.

Hope you've all had a good weekend.
Back a bit later.
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Re: Come Chat with us thread - 02/20 - 02/26

Postby Margrethe » Feb 20th, '12, 3:15 am

It's a whole week off around the parts where I live. Winter break? Something like that? As a teacher, I cannot say that I dislike having time off - lord knows I've earned it, but I also wouldn't mind going to work today. And if I know myself, I know I'll stop by work at some time during the week to prepare for next week's classes...

But, I enjoyed sleeping in. Now I have to sort some breakfast out and pack a bit more. We have to have the photographer come by to photograph our apartment this week, before we put it on the market.
Margrethe
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Sharmaine » Feb 20th, '12, 4:08 am

Our girls are back at school
Dave is back at work tomorrow
HoHum wonder how I will fill my day???
YUP!!!!
Look out scrap desk! You and I have some catching up to do!!
Sharmaine
Design Team
Design Team

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby mable » Feb 20th, '12, 5:06 am

Boys are back at school and nursery today, so I've just had more Paracetamols and a cuppa tea before embarking on the housework. The Tonsilitus I've had is now slowly going thank goodness.
Need to clean this little house from top to bottom as nothing has been done this past week :'( .

Might get to scrap tomorrow once everything's done. I'm so behind on my PL and DT stuff :'(
http://adayinthelifeofme-tracy-lihanne.blogspot.com/
Capturing my memories & scrapping to save my sanity!
Tracy-lihanne {United Kingdom}
mable
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby mison » Feb 20th, '12, 6:25 am

Just went to work and came home again! What a morning - i´ve been looking like this >:D
This is a long story...

...but yesterday all trains beetween where I live and the city I work in was cancelled. I checked last night about weather they would go or not today and it said that they would. Then as I´ve been trough this "trainhassel" before, I checked again this morning, and now it said that no trains was supposed to work during the entire day. BUT they was replacing the train traffic with bus. So off I go. Then at the train station, I could read that the replacement bus was due 40 minutes later that the train was supposed to leave. Well, called work, told them I´m going to be late. Just haung up, then they call in the speaker that no busses was coming, we had to take the train 8.15 instead, since they got them working again. OK - that would make me 1,5 late for work. Then I noticed that there was a bus leaving at 7.25, right, perfect I thought. Then I won´t be that late after all. Guess what happens - well the busdriver didn´t intend to let us on the bus, since we was supposed to go by train from the beginning. Guess who got a tiny, tiny bit hysterical.... It all ended up with me on that bus anyway since I told the driver that I wanted the phonenumer to his boss, and since I´ve bought ticket for both bus and train, and uses both he couldn´t say no.

Well, that isn´t the end of the story... When I finally arrived to work, 40 minutes late, they call from Alice daycare and say she is sick. So I just stayed there for 1,5 hour and then took the train (this time) home again (to a little girl who isn´t that sick at all).

Sorry about the rant!!!

Sunny and a lovely weather outside today anyhow. Might get me into better mood...

We had a great weekend, even though the weather was awful. Lot of sports on Tv luckily...

Glad you´re tonsillitis is better Mable.

I do need a date with my scrapdesk too Sharmaine.

Margarethe - are you mowing to a house, other apartment or changing location?
mison
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby donnab » Feb 20th, '12, 7:14 am

what a bummer, Mison.....hope your day gets better,

Its vacation week here, too, but not for me! We had a quiet weekend, never got to scrap though.

Have fun scrapping Mabel

Ready for my hub to go back to work next month - enjoy your time sharmaine!!
donnab
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Margrethe » Feb 20th, '12, 9:14 am

We're moving to a house - yay!
Margrethe
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby MandyK » Feb 20th, '12, 10:22 am

Kids have had a long 4day weekend so the girls and I slept in today. Mav is with my gma&gpa we're going to pick him up and spend the afternoon on the farm. Had a great weekend: Crop Saturday was so much fun with Nik Harper, Sunday we looked at a house it went good(don't want to jinx myself so I'm just saying that ;) ). Hope y'all have a great day today!!

Mison Hugs hope you day gets better!

Mable glad your getting better.

Margrethe i slept in too today. its so nice. Have fun packing not a fan but will be packing more in the next few weeks to.Love the looks of the new house!

Sharmaine have fun scrapping. I have a couple more things I want to do with the March kit this week too.

Donna Have a great day!
MandyK
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby DeniseM » Feb 20th, '12, 10:30 am

so sorry your day started out so horrible Marie. Hope things turn around.

TL glad you are finally on the mend. Don't do too much and make yourslef sick again!

Margrethe your house looks very cool. Will we get photos once you are settled I hope?

Mandy are you buying a house? Good luck with everything. we have been through a lot of buying selling craziness in our lives. I think we are here to stay for a long time!

Boys have just today off from school so I got to sleep in a bit. Long day ahead though. a quick business clean this am and then a small house for a couple of hours but this afternoon I have a 13,000 sq. foot home that takes Bill and I about 5 hours to do. yikes. oh well, had a lovely weekend. :)

enjoy your scrapping time Sharmaine!

Hope your day goes well Lisa. :)
DeniseM
Design Team
Design Team

Postby AnnaB » Feb 20th, '12, 1:04 pm

Yay for the house Margrethe! Congrats! :) Is it a new house?

Good luck to you Mandy!

We just realized the other day that we've been living in our house for 5 years soon. :) Time is a strange thing...

Marie - what a horrible morning! Since I travel by train to my job too, I think I understand your feelings pretty well... :P I hope your day improved!

We're having this week off and of course the kids are sick. :( They haven't been ill much during this winter, we've been very lucky, but Alva got a fever and a terrible cough starting Saturday evening and the rest of us have a cold too, but not as bad as Alva. Tuva seems pretty ok today, but she was screaming hysterically yesterday evening and I had to sleep half sitting with her on my chest for about half the night... She's not 100% herself and I'm a bit worried, wondering how this night will be. We're supposed to go visit my job tomorrow, but I'm not sure what we'll do. If she sleeps ok and seems ok tomorrow morning, I guess we'll go. (By train, Marie... a bit scary... ;D )

I finally got my hair cut today! Tuva didn't recognize me when I got back home! :o Or, at least she thougth something was very strange and wrong and it took a while before she accepted me as her mom. J was holding her and she had just woke up after sleeping and she was staring at me, just staring and staring and when I reached out to touch her after a while, she started crying... But we're ok now. She knows who I am again. :D

I will show you this... even if it's pretty horrible. ;D This is before, obviously... I never ever have my hair like this, but always have a pony tail (or whatever it's called) but for the photo I did this...

And after...

Unfortunately this is a very un-styled photo. I washed my hair after coming home, because it felt like i had still some "colour stuff" left in my neck, and I forgot to have a photo taken before that... ::)
AnnaB
Design Team
Design Team

Postby Margrethe » Feb 20th, '12, 1:48 pm

Looking good, Anna!

Yes, it's a brand new house. We're moving in on April 19th. Finally got most of the living room sorted today, so there's not much left. The photogtapher will be here on Wednesday! :o

Margrethe
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby titch » Feb 20th, '12, 4:19 pm

Evening all! (Well, it is here!)

Thankfully, our trouble maker wasn't at work today so I've caught up and everything is in place for the midden to hit the windmill when she's back in tomorrow, I await the outcome with baited breath. Not looking forward to it much, but we have to work through these things, although I feel totally out of my depth and like I'm getting too big for my boots. But that might just be down to me not having had to do any real management before. *eek*

I did do some scrapping at the weekend ^_^ I will take photos when I can get some decent light! It was really nice to get my hands on paper and glue again.

Margrethe - good luck with the move, the new house looks awesome!

Anna, I bet it feels much better after the hairdresser. Looks good too :) Also glad to here Tuva recognises you again!

Denise - I can't keep my room tidy! Although I managed my flat pretty well. I don't think I could cope with a HUGE house. Good luck!!!

Mandy, sounds like a good weekend.

Mison, Oh my goodness, that sounds like a MAJOR pain in the behind. I guess I'm quite lucky, work is a 20 min walk from home. Although at least the little one isn't too ill (I know that's not much comfort hauling yourself into work with all the hassel only to go home pretty soon after you get there though). But feel free to rant away, we all need it sometimes :)

Sharmaine, how did the scrapping go *green with envy here*

Lisa, hope you've had a good day :)

Sorry if I've missed anyone, but I hope you have a great week.
Jenny
Paper Geek and proud!

Inky Paws!

I keep clicking my fingers but the house remains a mess, I'm now thinking Mary Poppins is a fake.
titch
Daisy Girl
Daisy Girl

Postby Margrethe » Feb 20th, '12, 4:48 pm

Jenny, I don't know what you struggle with at work, but I hope it all works out!
Margrethe
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby iskawire » Feb 20th, '12, 6:04 pm

Hi girls - I have had quite the day - which I totally was dreading all weekend - huge presentation, huge visit with a foundation I have been working on getting a meeting with for an ENTIRE year and then a long training at the end of the day. I have to say it was a great day!

Visit was awesome - I got to meet with the founder's widow and she was simply amazing. Presentation went swimmingly and the training was a blast. Huge sigh of relief. And now it is 5pm and I am going home to my biggest fans. Trying to really enjoy the fact that at 3 and 5 I am still a rock star when I get home.

I made the best page last night with the new kit and I cant wait to post it to the gallery tonight.

Cross your fingers for me - my little guy has his final visit at the school to secure his spot in the bridge class (kinda of like a pre-K program). It is at 8am tomorrow!

Looks like everyone has had a busy day - new houses and stinky Mondays and kiddo drama. I wish everyone a restful and scrapful evening.

Hugs from Texas!
Iska
Iska Wire
Houston, TX
iskawire
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Postby Funky Fairy » Feb 21st, '12, 4:00 am

Wow, that was a busy Monday!!

Marie, sounds like a mini tv series in your life yesterday.
Did you at least manage to chill out in the afternoon?
Are the trains running today?

Love the hair Anna. It had got so long.
Are you able to visit work today?

Margrethe, the house is so sweet. It looks like its made from kraft cardstock and is waiting to be embellished :)

Iska, glad the day went well.

Hi everyone else.

I think I've made myself sick.
I've been working long long hours, 7 days a week.
I strated at 4.45am yesterday and at 9pm ish started to feel achey and get a sore throat.
I work at 5.15am today feel awful :(
I got up and made my latte and it made me feel sick. I ache so much all over. It hurt my arm when Louis out his hand on me to leab forward for a kiss.
I just love my work so much though and I'm on such a high with it.
It will not defeat me :)
I've packed up all mu small orders this morning though, done all my emails and I think I'm going to work in the family room today infront of a movie or 2.
I think that's a good compromise.
Louis is being collected from school by a friend and Ade has offered to take him to footy.
Sorted! :)
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Next

Return to Scrap Talk