QOTD 11/28/2011

Question of the Day

QOTD 11/28/2011

Postby DeniseM » Nov 28th, '11, 9:33 am

wow, it's been awhile since I posted a QOTD. sorry ladies. My schedule has been nuts and then with the holiday, I wasn't on the boards much.

Here's an easy one.
Christmas Colors?
I usually love white, cream and silver but I have been playing with the new kit which is revealing tonight and I must say, I think gold, cream and light blue might be my new favorite Christmas pallete.
DeniseM
Design Team
Design Team

Re: QOTD 11/28/2011

Postby mison » Nov 28th, '11, 3:05 pm

Actually I love these:

They makes me happy and light up our dark house!
mison
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Olivia » Nov 28th, '11, 3:24 pm

We have three trees in our house, (so far...) I am kinda a Christmas Tree-aholic. Each of the boys has their own tree in their room and there is one tree in our living room. I would like to add a small tree in our bedroom, but I have yet to get it accomplished in the past few years..maybe this year.

We have always had a big tree in the living room. The color scheme is reds, golds, and hints of lime/spring/kelly green. Also lots of blingy-ness and white lights. I love how it sparkles. Many of the ornaments are very fragile and sentimental. Luckily the boys are very protective of the tree, so I haven't lost any ornaments yet.

Each of the boys got their tree for their first Christmas. I just couldn't make myself buy the boys tons of gifts when they weren't even a year old and didn't really get it, so I chose to spend some of the gift money on a Christmas tree and ornaments for their rooms. I still remember them as babies and toddlers, laying in their cribs and staring at all the shiny lights and pretty ornaments. They loved it then and they still love it today.

Each year I add ornaments based on what the boys are into. Most of these are Hallmark ornaments, some I buy and some Santa delivers, they each get two new Hallmark ornaments a year. We also go out shopping in the days after Christmas to find deals on regular ornaments for each of their trees. I love watching them look for ornaments that match the color scheme of their trees.

My plan is for them to take their ornaments and tree (if it is still in good shape) once they marry and have a home of their own. That way they have something to start their first Christmas with.

Carter's tree is mostly primary colors. Lots of red, blue, green, and gold with multicolor lights. He has a Dr Seuss series from Hallmark and a number of Cars and Nemo ornaments as well.

Ethan's tree is mostly greens, blues, whites, and silvers with white lights. He has an ornament series with woodland creatures from Hallmark and has started a new series with vintage Santa's and little animals, also from Hallmark. He has some Disney ornaments also.

I want to put a tabletop tree in our bedroom in an urn. In my mind I see it covered with amber lights, brown, green, and teal ornaments. I hope I get it put together this year.
Olivia
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby sillypea » Nov 28th, '11, 4:13 pm

Colors? How about all of them! Kids crafts have no limitations, so that is my decorating! hee hee ;)
sillypea
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby Funky Fairy » Nov 28th, '11, 4:48 pm

I'm traditional when it comes to Christmas.

Greens, Red, White with sparkle.
Funky Fairy
Design Team
Design Team

Postby jjflair » Nov 28th, '11, 6:58 pm

I'm pretty traditional, too. Deep reds and cranberries, olive and sage-y greens, white twinkle lights. I'm going to go light some Christmas tree scented candles and see if that will help jump start my holiday spirit.
jjflair
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby AmberCA » Nov 28th, '11, 7:22 pm

This year I love the whites, reds and metallics, like silver and bronze.
***Amber***
AmberCA
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby happydays525 » Nov 28th, '11, 8:18 pm

I'm pretty traditional when it comes to decorating in the home. Evergreen/green, red, burgundy, dark brown...I bought some fun wrapping paper though that has pink and light green mixed in with the traditional colors! :D
happydays525
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby donnab » Nov 29th, '11, 9:30 am

Another vote for traditional, but I do love bright green and pink together.
donnab
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby KarenP » Nov 29th, '11, 9:59 am

Traditional in deep green, red, cream tones but this year I'm really loving teal/white......now just need to figure out how to blend them all without redoing all the decorations!
Karen
KarenP
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Postby momcoish » Nov 29th, '11, 10:11 am

Upstairs tree, red, gold and green. Downstairs...no limits. It's full of a mix of ornaments collected over the years!
Susan
momcoish
Daisy Girl
Daisy Girl

Postby ellen s » Nov 29th, '11, 10:31 am

I love a deep red, green and gold. I love the lime green but it would never look right in our house. Everything we have is earth tones so I am drawn those colors. It wish I could invest in more decorations to do the basement, too but we just have a tree down there with all the boys handmade ornies.
ellen s
Cocoa Daisy
Cocoa Daisy

Return to QOTD