Guest Designer, Nicole Nowosad
What happens when you have a guest designer that rocks the paper and a kit that has awesome paper to rock? You end up with a bunch of gorgeous layouts full of patterned papers and delightful embellishments.
We are happy to introduce our by April Guest Designer, Nicole Nowosad, to you this morning. As you’ll learn, Nicole loves patterned paper. We think you’ll fall in love what she’s done with our April kit, Hint of Sunshine, just like we did. Please be sure to check out her entire gallery and leave so love.
Hi there, my name is Nicole Nowosad and I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada! I am a working mom of three (2 boys 11, and 8 and our 5 yr old princess), and have been married for almost 15 years. I started scrapbooking about 15 years ago when I was planning our wedding. If I had to define my style, I would say it is evolving. I love to try different things on my projects, playing with shape and colour – and oh I LOVE paper – it is my go to supply – I love to cut it up, punch it, and try new things/different ways to work it! I love colour and a little sparkle too.
I am currently on the Design Team for Scrapbook & Cards Today Magazine, Jillibean Soup, Bella Blvd and Hampton Art. I have been published several times in Scrapbook & Cards Today Magazine, Scrapbook Trends, Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine.
And here are her answers to our questionnaire, I hope you enjoy learning more about Nicole.
1. What is your most creative time?
I find that I am the most creative on the weekend; day or night does matter… just knowing I can stay up late and go to it with some caffeine is all it takes Smile
2. Share your current top 5 favorite songs/music groups with us.
Wow, I pretty much like all kinds of music. If I had to choose 5 songs they would be:
“I dreamed a dream” from Les Miserables
“Bust a Move” by Young MC
“Blurred Lines” by Robin Thicke
“Stronger” by Kelly Clarkson
“We’re not going to take it” by Twisted Sister
Yeah, I am weird.
3. If you where in a Rock N’ Roll band, what would your job be?
Definitely the bass/guitar player – I took lessons for 7 years when I was growing up and always wanted an electric guitar and quit because my parents just wouldn’t get me one! lol
4. Did you ever want to change your name? If so, to what?
When I was much younger, I did want to change it to something more “fun” like Jessica or Katie… but now, I am okay with my name…. as long as you don’t call me Nikki. I seriously dislike it and normally don’t even respond to someone when they call me by that name (although my mother still does)!
5. If your life was a movie, what actress would play you?
Sarah Jessica Parker – not for looks, but for sense of style that I wish I had and the fact that she is the center of the friendships in Sex in the City. I am a little like that.
6. What’s your favorite accessory?
Well, I have a slight accessory addiction and have a ton of costume jewelery…but even saying that, I can’t leave the how without earrings. So yeah, earrings. Usually big ones.
7. How do you cheer yourself up?
Truthfully?? I don’t. I text my bestie Vanessa and she drags me out of my slump. She is great like that!!
8. If you could have a luncheon with any three people (real of fictitious/ from any time period, dead or alive), which three people would you choose and why?
1) Oprah – doesn’t everyone choose Oprah?
2) Hitler – because I would like to know what the heck he was thinking and mostly give him a piece of my mind.
3) Bill Gates – I would love to know how he gained the courage to get started and to talk about his philanthropic adventures
9. What food would describe your style?
Pizza. Lots of toppings, ha ha ha
10. What is “dressed up” for you?
Dress and high heels. Big jewellery. Big Hair. Bright lipstick. Anything that sparkles.
Anytime you need a Nicole fix, here are links to where you can find her on the web:
Thanks for joining us this month Nicole!