Happy New Year and Ann-Marie Espinoza, our January Guest Designer
YAY! It’s 2014 and we couldn’t be more excited for this new year ahead! We wish you a prosperous and creative 365 days and hope you’ll continue to include Cocoa Daisy in your journey.
Our January kit Blueprint shines in the hands of our awesome Guest Designer, Ann-Marie Espinoza nee Morris (recently married, you can read all about her wonderful honeymoon in the Pacific Northwest on her blog Ann Marie Loves). We loved what she did with just the main kit, she shows how bright and cheery this kit can be. She also shows that you can do a LOT with one kit! Be sure to check out her entire gallery, it’s so worth the click!
Ann-Marie is a freelance designer, crafter, and stylist living in Pasadena, California with her new husband John. She spends her days making things by hand, styling her home, and blogging for herself and BasicGrey. When she’s not behind the computer or camera, you can find her thrifting for fun home decor pieces, taking as many Zumba and yoga classes as possible, or scrolling through her favorite blogs and Pinterest for visual inspiration. She is a paper enthusiast, flea market frequenter, Instagram-aholic, textbook introvert, photography fiend, and Mexican food lover who is always on the hunt for her next great creative adventure.
1. What is your most creative time?
Definitely late at night. For better or worse, I’m a total night owl who gets the most accomplished between the hours of 10pm and 2am.
2. Share your current top 5 favorite songs/music groups with us.
Oh gosh, my musical taste is always evolving! Right now I’m really loving John Legend, Drake, Katy Perry, Justin Timberlake, and Ella Fitzgerald.
3. If you were in a Rock N’ Roll band, what would your job be?
I would love to be the lead singer! In real life, I can’t sing to save my life, so to be able to front a band with my voice would be amazing! Plus, I’d probably get to rock some pretty cool costumes and hairstyles
4. Did you ever want to change your name? If so, to what?
Yes! I have always despised having a double first name, and as a result, being called Ann since most people assume that Marie is my middle name. For years I longed for a “normal” name, like Sarah or Courtney! Haha!
5. If your life was a movie, what actress would play you?
Kristen Wiig! I can only imagine how equally hilarious and heartfelt her performance of my life would be.
6. What’s your favorite accessory?
It’s definitely a toss up between hats (fedoras, beanies, etc) and oversized sunglasses. As long as I have one of the two (or both!), I feel like I am put together.
7. How do you cheer yourself up?
I will treat myself to a fancy latte, stop by Anthropologie for a burst of creative inspiration, or when all else fails, take a nice long nap.
8. If you could have a luncheon with any three people (real of fictitious/ from any time period, dead or alive), which three people would you choose and why?
1. The Bluth family (of Arrested Development fame)
2. Emily Henderson (this luncheon would obviously be followed up by her styling my home. Obviously.)
3. Jimmy Fallon (because he is hilarious and adorable)
9. What food would describe your style?
Hmmm…probably a taco because I love a good mix of colors, textures, and patterns, packaged up in a neat little container.
10. What is “dressed up” for you?
A pair of cords, an oversized sweater, lace-up wedges, and and a giant top knot.
A big thank you to Ann-Marie for being our Guest Designer, especially during this busy time of year. We love your fun and playful approach to our kit!