July 1, 2013
I’m so happy to share our July Guest Designer’s work with you today. I contacted Becky about being our Guest Designer and she agreed wholeheartedly, then suggested some of our design team could do her PageMaps sketches in return. I thought that was a fair trade, and so this month you’ll enjoy LOADS of PageMaps/Cocoa Daisy inspiration in the gallery!
I’ve had the opportunity to work closely with Becky now for a few years and her love of papercrafting is contagious. I’m sure you’ll agree as you go through her gallery this month, so many lovely and unique bits of inspiration in each card.
She really went above and beyond with the details, do you notice how she used the Simple Stories papers as speech bubbles on this card?
Becky Fleck is the editor and art director of Scrapbook and Cards Today, one of Canada’s most popular papercrafting magazines. She is also owner of the PageMaps, a free online resource which provides scrapbook layout and card sketches to over 20,000 readers each month. Becky has authored the best-selling books Scrapbook PageMaps and Scrapbook PageMaps 2, and has teamed up with Spellbinders and Penny Black Stamps to create innovative, fun stamp designs and coordinating cutting dies. She lives in the beautiful Stillwater Valley of southeast Montana with her husband and their two golden retrievers, Libby and Cooper.
Becky’s answers to our updated questionnaire had me smiling, I love how it helps me know her personality a bit more.
1. What is your most creative time? I’m a very early riser, usually by 5-5:30am. I get more done before noon than I do the rest of the day.
2. Share your current top 5 favorite songs/music groups with us. Coldplay, One Republic, Lynard Skynard, Phillip Phillips and my home town favorite, The Bridger Creek Boys.
3. If you were in a Rock N’ Roll band, what would your job be? The drummer, because I like to have the last word!
4. Did you ever want to change your name? If so, to what? Yes!! When my mom called me Rebecca, I knew I was in trouble, so I went through this phase at about 13 where I would only answer to Jenny. So funny, now that I remember it!
5. If your life was a movie, what actress would play you? Chloë Sevigny would be my choice
6. What’s your favorite accessory? If chapstick is an accessory, then I’m blingin’ baby!
7. How do you cheer yourself up? Usually a day of agility with one of my dogs or a summer day on a Montana river fly fishing. Neither fail to fill me up.
8. If you could have a luncheon with any three people (real of fictitious/ from any time period, dead or alive), which three people would you choose and why? Queen Elizabeth I, Helen Keller and Eleanor Roosevelt. For me, these three amazing women are the greatest representation of courage under fire, fortitude, and the “can do spirit” of women throughout the world.
9. What food would describe your style? Sushi, for sure. Structured and orderly, with a bit of bite.
10. What is “dressed up” for you? My best jeans and a Coldwater Creek blouse with my scuffy, red cowboy boots.
You don’t want to miss the gorgeous inspiration in Becky’s July gallery, be sure to check it out and leave her lots of comments. Thanks to Becky for joining us!
Be sure to watch the blog, we’ll be highlighting the PageMaps/Cocoa Daisy sketches over the next couple of weeks. The team did a great job making the sketches work with Cabana, we know you’ll love it!
One Response to “July’s Guest Designer: Becky Fleck!”
Tell me what you're thinking...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!