June 1, 2013
Welcome to our June Guest Designer, the very sweet and talented Jenni Hufford. My first interaction with Jenni was to scraplift a layout she did. I emailed her and asked permission and she gave me an enthusiastic YES! By the time my layout was ready, her layout had already been picked up for publication. I knew I’d spotted talent! I met Jenni in real life a few years back at a CHA, and have enjoyed getting to know her better every time. It’s been fun seeing her style develop, but what has stayed true those great designs that were her signature the first time I noticed her work!
Jenni Hufford lives in Indianapolis, IN and is married to Todd. She is a stay at home mother to Jonah James (7 years) and Jordan Nicole (5 years). Jenni enjoys applying the creative aspect of scrapbooking into every day activities with her family.
In addition to scrapbooking Jenni’s hobbies include photography, cooking, blogging, traveling with her husband, and spending time with her close knit extended family and friends. Currently, Jenni is a Blog Contributor for Project Life at Elle’s Studio, and is a Jenni Bowlin Studios Ambassador.
1. What is your most creative time? Recently I have discovered that my most creative time is during the day while my kids are in school. As my kids grow (and seasons change) I’ve have found different times of the day to be my most productive creative time. And sometimes it just happens to be in 15 minute increments!
2. Share your current top 5 favorite songs/music groups with us. My favorite music groups are Jimmy Buffett, Mumford and Sons, The Moody Blues, The David Crowder Band, and Johnny Cash (yes I realize how random this list is).
3. What’s next on your scrappy life list? I would love to have a cover page of a magazine.
4. What is your favorite retreat? Maui, Greece, Anywhere in New Zealand, or just my backyard.
5. If your life was a movie, what actress would play you? I think Cameron Diaz. She can be silly, spazzy, and goofy, yet also be serious and adventurous!
6. What do you do when you’re not scrapbooking? I love photography, blogging, exercise, and sitting in carpool lines
7. What are you known for on your pages? I almost always handwrite my journaling. There is something so timeless and special about someone’s handwriting (no matter how it looks). Recently I pulled out letters from grandparents who have since passed away. Seeing their handwriting nearly took my breath away.
8. What’s your favorite inspiration site? Like many, I love Pinterest. It’s such an amazing way to organize all sources of inspiration.
9. What food would describe your style? chips and salsa.
10. What is “dressed up” for you? I spend my days in mostly workout gear, but I love to dress up in skinny jeans, heels, and a fun top when it’s time to go out!
Jenni has been a wonderful Guest Designer, it’s been so fun to see all her sneaks on Intsagram, Facebook, and Twitter this month and we appreciate her joining us! Thanks Jenni!
To see more of her gorgeous Cocoa Daisy Candy Shoppe gallery, click here.
One Response to “Meet Our June Guest Designer–Jenni Hufford”
Tell me what you're thinking...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!