Listgirl (aka Christine Newman), she gets things done!
We love Christine Newman’s clean and graphic style, she’s really got a beautiful way with her Project Life pages and we’re thrilled she agreed to join us this month as our September Guest Designer. Check out her beautiful gallery using Daydream.
My name is Christine Newman, and I’ve been scrapbooking since 2008. I’m known in scrapbooking and social media as “listgirl”. I love to tell my life stories with photos and pretty papers. I live in Southern California with my husband Todd and our cat Noodle. I work full-time as a financial analyst for a high-tech company. I love to eat, which means I try to workout as often as possible to offset my intake. I also love to read, knit/crochet, make cards, stamp, sew, and get my hands into anything crafty. You can find me sharing my life and crafty projects on my blog, on Instagram, and on Twitter.
1. What is your most creative time?
My most creative time is on the weekends. I work full time as a financial analyst and I’m pretty run down after spending the whole day crunching numbers. Most of my crafty time happens on the weekends.
2. Share your current top 5 favorite songs/music groups with us.
Right now I love the soundtrack to Guardians of the Galaxy, The Weepies new album Sirens, any music and soundtrack from the 80’s, Taylor Swift’s 1989 (shh… don’t tell anyone), and Apple Music’s Mixtape radio station.
3. If you were in a Rock N’ Roll band, what would your job be?
Probably the manager, ha ha. I like to be in control. Seriously though, my husband was actually in a couple of rock bands. I can carry equipment with the best of them.
4. Did you ever want to change your name? If so, to what?
I always thought Claire would be a good name for me, I have no idea why though.
5. If your life was a movie, what actress would play you?
Alicia Silverstone. I always think there’s a blonde inside me waiting to get out. As if.
6. What’s your favorite accessory?
7. How do you cheer yourself up?
By reminding myself that everything is temporary, so enjoy the now while I can.
8. If you could have a luncheon with any three people (real or fictitious/ from any time period, dead or alive), which three people would you choose and why?
My mom (she passed away 8 years ago), Sookie Stackhouse, Rob Lowe.
9. What food would describe your style?
I assume you’re talking about scrapbooking? If so, a pizza. I like a solid background with stuff strewn about.
10. What is “dressed up” for you?
I live in SoCal, so I don’t dress up often. Even work is pretty casual. If I’m forced to dress-up a little, it’s usually a maxi skirt with a solid color blouse. Or a simple geometric dress. I don’t do dress-up well.