February Project Art
It’s time for some February Project Art inspiration…! The kit contained two fab brayer stamps from American Crafts, three bottles of Distress Paint, a piece of vellum with a dictionary print, rub ons with numbers that I adooore and a smaller version of Stephanie’s gorgeous flower stamp!
First of all I just wanted to show you and example of using one of the brayer stamps with the distress paint. I squeezed some paint out onto a palette and rolled the brayer into the paint before rolling it on my page. I loooove this pattern!
I also tried the other brayer stamp, using a distress ink pad. Starting from the bottom of the page each time and rolling up, created a sort of ombre effect.
I was sketching a bit earlier this week and I wanted to continue to explore one of the sketches I made… I drew the outline with a Stabilo pencil.
I then added gesso inside of the drawing and some of the blue distress paint to the bottom of my page.
I cut some circles of the vellum and added them and some thread, along with some of the sequins from the February kit. I also added some of the yellow distress paint to one of the upper corners of my page.
And my finished page… after adding some rub ons and journaling.
For my next page I used the gorgeous flower stamp and randomly started stamping on my gessoed page. Pretty soon my stamping started to look like a heart and I followed the impulse and continued to stamp, finishing up the heart shape.
I then added the Festive Berries Distress paint, using lots of water to dilute the paint, and wrote my journaling (about how much I love spring!) around the heart. Last, I added the letter stickers (spelling the Swedish word for ‘spring’) and the die cuts from the kit.
My next page was started with the paint. I had gessoed my page and on top of the dry gesso I played with the blue and the yellow Distress paints, also mixing them to get some green. I then added some of the rub ons to the edge of my page.
On top of the dry paint and the rub ons, I added gesso, using one of the brayer stamps. This is a fab way to tone down a page and add some subtle patterns.
I then added some more rub ons, a piece of chipboard from the kit, some of the printed vellum and a die cut arrow, to finish my page.
I hope you are enjoying your kit! Please let me know if you have any questions and have a fab day!