October 1, 2013
If you’ve not yet met Suz Mannecke, you are in for a real treat. Suz and I met a few years ago through another kit club and she’s so very enthusiastic about life, has fun and playful approach to scrapbooking, and is a solid, supportive friend on top of it all. I’m so happy she agreed to be our October guest designer!
1. What is your most creative time?
In the past, I was quite a night owl and would create really late at night after my household had gone to sleep. However, lately I have been finding I scrapbook more during the days when the lighting is better, my family is gone (work and school-although my youngest is homeschooled part-time), and I have the afternoons & evenings to spend with them.
2. Share your current top 5 favorite songs/music groups with us.
My boys’ choice of music pretty much dictates my life right now as I taxi them here and there, but lately I have been listening to music while I am scrapping at home. Most recently my playlist has included songs from Wicked, Sidewalk Prophets, Somewhere Over the Rainbow (Katherine McPhee), Adele, and Mumford and Sons. (I really love many genres of music though).
3. If you where in a Rock N’ Roll band, what would your job be?
This is an interesting question. I am thinking I’d just like to be a “Front Row Fan of the Band.” Can I be that? LOL If not, then probably the PR Agent/Manager. If that doesn’t qualify me as a band member, I am at a complete loss!
4. Did you ever want to change your name? If so, to what?
When I was younger I thought my name was pretty boring and that it didn’t suit me. But now that I am “vintage,” I like the name, especially since I was named after my sisters. Literally. Karen Lynn, Linda Sue, Susan Kay. My parents say they named us that so that friends and relatives would know our sibling order. (Yeah. Ok. Whatever you say rents). I have always loved the names Emily and Kate though. And regarding my nickname Suz. I have had a few people wonder why there is a “z” in my nickname and yet no “z” in my formal name. The Suz actually is a shortened version of a nickname my sister Linda gave me. And my last name? It’s pronounced “Man-neck-E.” For those who might be wondering.
5. If your life was a movie, what actress would play you?
Wow. Well ok. Let’s see. In my younger days, when I had a really short pixie cut, people told my I looked just like Jamie Lee Curtis. But since she is quite a bit older than me, that’s not gonna fly.(I do think she is a great actress though!) So, let me think. Hmmm…I have always loved Sandra Bullock, so I am going to say her. She’s still older, but I am not gonna complain if she’d be willing to play me!
6. What’s your favorite accessory?
Favorite accessory? Hmm…I am a tomboy about 355 days of the year, so favorite accessory is another tricky question. Most important accessory perhaps? My wedding ring and what it represents and signifies. Yeah. That.
7. How do you cheer yourself up?
I cheer myself up by playing tennis or scrapbooking with dear friends with the music playing in the background, and perhaps breaking a few boards in taekwondo. Yeah. That.
8. If you could have a luncheon with any three people (real of fictitious/ from any time period, dead or alive), which three people would you choose and why?I would choose to have lunch with my angel sister, Linda, and my two grandmothers, my sister Karen, and my mom (Ok, I realize that is five but are you really going to make me choose between these significant women?), who really played/play priceless roles in mentoring me in life. I am who I am largely because of their influences and their guidance. Yeah. That.
9. What food would describe your style?
Chicken chimichanga + chips & queso + candy apple pie for dessert. A little bit spicy and a little bit sweet! Translation: an eclectic mix of scrapbooking products paired with timeless graphic lines. Yeah. That.
10. What is “dressed up” for you?
Dressed up for me. Again. Not a fussy dresser. At all. Practicality and comfort is my thing. However, on the rare occasion, when I do want/need to dress up, it’s high heels, a long formal gown/cocktail dress, and classy high heels with some pretty bling. Hair up. Yeah. That.
Check out Suz’s gallery here.
Her blog here.
Tell me what you're thinking...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!