Project Art August
Hello everyone! I have quite lot to share with you today! I really loved the August Project Art kit, with the fun brayer, the fabulous Distress Paints and all the fun die cuts and vintage pieces!
First of all I am going to share a little video. I was going to talk to you, but then I freaked out and decided to add text and music instead. 🙂 The film shows some very basic ways to use the brayer and the Distress Paints – I hope you’ll enjoy it.
ARVE Error: no id set
Next, I’m going to show you one of the completed pages that I made. I started out with the paints and the brayer (using the technique I showed you in the video) and ended up with a quite dark page.
I also let some paint drip along the page.
For the actual content of my page, I layered a whole bunch of items from the Project Art kit and the main kit. I wrote my journaling on the tag after first painting it with gesso. Parts of the journaling was then covered up, by the other items. I used my stapler to put everything togehter. When doing this, my intention was to add this to the left page, like in the image below. But when I saw the whole thing like this, I suddenly realized that I liked it better on the darker right page.
…so this is what i did instead.
The subject of this page is Paris and my special relation to France and the French language. To finish my page I added some sequins. I cut a tiny opening in the suitcase die cut and put a sequin half way through so it would look like they were really coming out of there.
As you can se above I used the washi tape from the main kit inbetween the pages and for my next page I decided to start out with taping all around the page.
I then cut a piece of the map paper and glued it down using the Matte Medium from the July Project Art kit. When it was dry, I added some gesso and used the brayer to spread it out (just like in the video).
I then started sketching a face, using a pencil.
When painting, I started out with Antique Linen all over. I didn’t use the dabber, but opened the bottle and used a brush.
I then used the three distress paints from the kit + some white gesso to try to add shadows and lighter areas.
I then ended up being very frustrated. I am tired of the “neat” look of the faces I’m painting and I wish I could just let go and allow myself to be more free. So, because these were my feelings, this ended up being the subject of my page. I wrote my journaling at the top and poured some sequins out on top of the face. I also added some blue, using an Inktense pencil again, to the background.
I didn’t know what to do with the page where I initially thought the “paris-theme” was going. I decided to add some gesso and to scratch some crazy lines in it.
I then added some mist.
And some more Antique Linen Distress Paint (using the brayer).
On top of this I wrote “I can” a whole bunch of times. I wrote some journaling on one of the die cuts from the kit and I added some other small bits and pieces. This page is a “pep talk page” for myself.
When creating my last page this month I started out with black paint. Then I cut strips of different patterned paper and glued down.
Most of the time I have no idea where I’m going, when I’m starting a page. I added Distress Paint on top of the strips, but I wasn’t very happy with the look. I then took a stencil out, together with some gesso.
On top of this I then layered little bits and pieces and I wrote down my thougths on the fact that summer is soon over and again, this is a little pep talk, where I’m telling myself that things will be ok. I wrote some of my journaling on the tag I put in the cute envelope with the stars.
I hope you’ll be having fun with your kit and please don’t hesistate to ask if you have any questions about the techniques I’ve used!
Have a wonderful day!
Tags: Project Art