May 29, 2012
Over the years I have found a sure way to ensure a well balanced, aesthetically pleasing & unified page design…. ‘Repeating a shape’ within the page.
For this page I focused on Hexagons.
My starting point was this exclusive hexagon stamp (still available in the online store) from the Cocoa Daisy April kit.
And this piece of gorgeous MME paper.
Repetitions work because they create an interesting pattern that draws attention.
But remember repetition doesn’t have to be limited to shapes.
These repetitions are worth trying too.
- repeat a color obviously or less obviously like with in a patterned paper of photograph.
- repeat a shape in the same size or different sizes like I did.
- repeat an accent in the same color or different colors.
- repeat an image or shape in a variety of colors.
- there are tons of options.
I hope you have found this tip useful? I look forward to seeing your creations in the Cocoa Daisy gallery!
Have a super crafty day!
One Response to “Tips & tricks: Repeat that shape.”
Tell me what you're thinking...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!