If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to our RSS feed. Thanks for visiting!
For today’s Meet the DT, I’m happy to introduce you to one of our three Mandy(ie)s.
Mandy Koeppen has been with us for a couple of years and if you are a regular to the blog, you saw her post earlier this week about the large photos and titles that she’s famous for here. We always love seeing what she’ll create using the most current kit. Her attention to detail is amazing and it’s so obvious in her work just how much she loves her family!
It’s great to get to know her a little better through this feature, I hope you find out a few things you didn’t know about Mandy!
Hola! I’m not real great at talking about myself but I’ll give it a go…
I live in a small town just minutes from the state capital of Michigan. Up until last year I had always lived in the same town I was born and raised in but we found our dream home and decided it was time for change. I live in a 150+ year old farmhouse on a few acres with my hubs, kids, 4 dogs, 1 aquatic frog, and 2 barn cats.
I’m married to my best friend Mr.K. We’ve been married for 12 years on August 30th and we’ve been together 14.5 years. CRAZY! Together we have 3 chitlins(children) Teagan who will be 11 in September, Mavrick age 9, and Avery Ella age 7. My sweet Mav has Autism.He makes me a better person. My life was interesting growing up i’m an only child who’s teenage parents divorced before she was outta diapers .Thank God for my grandparents! They helped raise me and I’m still very close to my Gpa & Gma. I want to be like my grandparents who have been married for 50+ years. I’m very proud that even with all the curve balls Mr.K and I have been thrown we have a marriage that is still going strong and we’re setting a good example for our kids.
I’ve been scrapbooking on and off since Teagan was born but didn’t really get serious about the hobby til 2006 when Avery was born and Mav was diagnosed with Autism. I turned to scrapbooking as a therapy and to have me time while still doing something for them. It’s important for me to document our family’s stories so that one day my children will know who they were, what life was like, and who all loved them.
I found Cocoa Daisy thru Ali Edwards. I loved her style and blog so when she teamed up with Cocoa Daisy years ago to release special kits I would always buy them. I decided to try out for the Design Team once a couple years ago but didn’t make the team. I wasn’t active much on the CD site so I was surprised when I got the invite from Christine to join the Cocoa Daisy team in 2012. I love the connections and friendships I’ve made thru Cocoa Daisy.
I was able to meet a lot of the girls at CHA in January 2013 which was AWESOME and I left California with friends I’ll have forever. The kits at Cocoa Daisy are easy for me to create with and I love all the changes and growth over the past year. It’s been amazing to be a part of it all.
1. What is your most creative time? Usually late night and last minute. I seem to produce my best work at the very last minute.
2. Share your current top 5 favorite songs/music groups with us. Ed Sheeran, Pink, By You Side By, Tenth Avenue North, Dr.Dre, Adele.
3. If you where in a Rock N’ Roll band, what would your job be? I would love to say that I would actually be one of those up on stage preforming but I don’t do center of attention/large crowds so I’d probably be a stage hand or something backstage.
4. Did you ever want to change your name? If so, to what? Yes. Anything but Mandy now it’s ok and grown on me.
5. If your life was a movie, what actress would play you? Uh… I guess Sandra Bullock but she might have to get chunkier
6. What’s your favorite accessory? slouchy hat in the winter and my 2 rings any other time of the year.
7. How do you cheer yourself up? Talk, shop, and make fun.
8. If you could have a luncheon with any three people (real of fictitious/ from any time period, dead or alive), which three people would you choose and why?
This is a good question and one that got me thinking. Just 3 that’s hard. My friend Heather(passed away), My Gpa Ray(passed away), and Mr.K.
I’d love to have lunch with my Gpa Ray and Mr.K so I could introduce them and show him pictures of my kids. Hoping he would be proud of who I’ve become. I think Mr.K and Gpa would get along great and he’d love that Mr.K takes such good care of our family. I’d love to be able to have another chat with Heather she passed away way too soon. I want to share so many things with her like how Avery looks and reminds me of her, that I miss her all the time, I want to tell her all the craziness in life and have a lemondrop with her and laugh about it all the fun stuff we did together. I miss them both dearly. Why Mr.K? Well he’s my best friend and always by my side. I’d want both of them to know him and love him like I do.
9. What food would describe your style? A food? Um…well I’m not a wet burrito or curry so lets go with cheesecake Sweet, classic, layered, and eye catching.
10. What is “dressed up” for you? I don’t really dress up so for me Jeans, tank+tee, cardigan or scarf, cute shoes, earrings, necklace, and bracelet are dolled up.
I hope you enjoyed getting to know Mandy, we’re glad she’s here!