December 2, 2011
Cocoa Daisy warmly welcomes Lisa Olsen (Asil) as our guest designer for October. We spotted Lisa in our design team call and knew we would had to have her for a guest designer. She has a great simple yet vintage classic with bits of whimsy style that fit perfectly with this warm kit. We asked Lisa a few questions to get to know her better:
1. What is your most creative time? Inside I’m a night owl desperately trying to get out of the morning-person body my kids are forcing me into, haha. When the house is quiet (or empty), I loose all sense of time and enjoy my papers and glue! So late evening is my prime time!
2. What is your top 5 playlist?
Gosh, it’s been so long since I had a proper playlist, but favourite songs at the moment are (in no particular order except the top one)…
- I’m not sorry / Morrissey
- Last Christmas / Wham! (it’s almost December after all!)
- Ring meg (Call me) / Gabrielle
- The more you ignore me, the closer I get / Morrissey
- Set fire to the rain / Adele
3. What’s next on your scrappy life list? Christmas cards and gift tags – oh, I’m so late!!
4. What is your favorite retreat? Send me to a spa and I’m in heaven. Or a beach. Or London. Or let me just sleep late one morning..
5. If your life was a movie, what actress would play you? That’s a tricky one. I know who I would like to see play me, but that’s not the question, is it.. boring experience.. Rene Z. as in Bridget Jones – I feel a bit Bridgety sometimes, even though I have hubby & kids.
6. Who are the most important people in your life? My family! Without them, I’m lost. And my closest friends!
7. Where do you start when you scrap? Usually I start with the paper or the picture(s). Sometimes the paper tells me which photo to use, sometimes it’s the opposite. But I do lay out everything before I glue thing together – adding and taking things away, until I’m satisfied. It takes for ever, I’m such a slow scrapper.
8. What’s your favorite blog? Hmm.. It’s really hard to choose only one.. I’m loving Mumkaa’s (http://mumkaa.blogspot.com/) style at the moment – a cluster-like style with lots of messy paint on it. The Polish scrappers have an awesome style, misting and using stencils & paint. And then you have the clean & simple scrappers – Maria (http://www.houseofpaper.no/) is a huge inspiration!
9. What food would describe your style? I’m going safe on this and say smorgasbord (buffet-like food)! That’s a bit of everything, isn’t it? My style changes constantly, I don’t think I have one particular one..
10. What is “dressed up” for you? I hate dressing up, so any skirt/dress-outfit would be a major event!
Here are her stunning creations this month:
Her gallery is being posted soon. In the meantime, check out her beautiful blog Asil’s Ville Verden. Thanks Lisa for such wonderful creations.
6 Responses to “December Guest Designer: Lisa Olsen”
Tell me what you're thinking...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!